A clinician is available at Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), by phone or in-person, during normal office hours weekly to assist students, faculty, staff and parents/family members with an immediate crisis, brief consult or to provide basic CAPS information. You may access these services by calling (951) 827-5531, option 2 or walking into Counseling and Psychological Services on the second floor of the Student Health and Counseling Center (SHCC) next to Lot 21.
For an in-person consultation, you will be asked to complete some basic paperwork to ensure that the clinician has all relevant information to be of assistance and to help determine the need for a brief consultation or a crisis visit. Walk-in consultations/crisis appointments are not therapy sessions, but are typically, brief assessments focused on ensuring safety and often for making appropriate appointments or referrals to the community.
After-hours, mental health therapists are available for crisis counseling and consultation by phone at (951) 827-5531, option 1; (951) UCR-TALK; or 2-TALK from campus phones, 24 hours daily.
3500 Canyon Crest Drive
911 or 951-827-5222 (24 hours)
- In case of emergency or whenever you need immediate assistance, dial 9-1-1.
- File a police report about a crime that has occurred on campus.
- For faculty and staff: If a student is presenting a serious threat or imminent risk to self or others, find someone to stay with the student while phone calls are being made. Notify your supervisor or department head.
- Identifies resources for students for housing, food, health care, and education.
- Offers guidance to faculty and staff about how to intervene with a student of concern.
- Gives assistance to faculty or staff about students in distress or distressing to others and who wish to defer to professional staff for assistance in intervention and follow up.
- Provides support to students impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking.
- Services include crisis intervention, safety planning, sorting through emotions, understanding rights and options, and reaching next-step decisions.
Costo Hall, Suite 102
- Serves as a resource center, advocate and problem solver for UCR students.
- Assists faculty, staff and students with logistical challenges and clarifying expectations.
- Provides programs, services and activities to enhance student success and campus life.
- Comprised of the multiple UCR departments including Counseling and Psychological Services, Campus Health Center and AVC/Dean of Students.
- Provides support for students who may be a threat to themselves or others.
- Works with students, staff and faculty to address the needs of students in distress while assuring a safe and secure campus.
- Provides support for victims of hate incidents and hate crimes.
- Creates policies and procedures for reporting and responding to incidents.
- Educates the campus community regarding bias-motivated incidents and crimes.
- Develops resources for creating a safe and hate-free campus community.
- Provides treatment and support for students who may be facing medical or behavioral health challenges that would benefit from medical care, including on-campus primary care and psychiatric services, and referral to off-campus specialists, programs, and resources.
- Can provide information regarding health services available to students as well as recognize when possible health concerns need to be addressed.
- Provides a full-service pharmacy, including prescriptions and over-the-counter-medications.
Riverside Community Hospital ER
4445 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92501
Riverside County Regional Medical Center
26520 Cactus Avenue
Moreno Valley, CA 92555
3865 Jackson Street
Riverside, CA 92503
Corona Regional Medical Center
800 S. Main Street
Corona, CA 91720
Riverside Area Rape Crisis Center
(951) 686-RAPE or (951) 686-7273
24 Hour Suicide/Crisis Intervention
(951) 686-HELP (951) 686-4357
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline (formerly the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline)
988 or (800) 273-TALK (8255)
Alternatives to Domestic Violence
24-hour confidential hotline: (951) 683-0829
Or 1 (800) 339-SAFE
Crisis Text Line
24/7 text support from a trained crisis counselor.
Text HOME to 741-741 from anywhere in the US.
Inland SoCal Crisis Helpline
24 Hour Suicide/Crisis Intervention
(951) 686-HELP or (951) 686-4357
The Trans Lifeline
24/7 Lifeline: 1 (877) 565-8860
The Trevor Project
24/7 Lifeline: 1 (866) 488-7386