CAPS is here to support you! Now in-person and virtual service options!
Services via TeleMental Health AND In-Person Walk-In crisis support and appointments!
Hey Highlanders! Were you referred off campus by CAPS for mental health services? Check your insurance referral’s expiration date as it might need to be renewed soon! Contact CAPS at 951-827-5531, option 2, and request to speak with a clinician to renew your insurance referral.
Referrals are now valid for 11 months of the date the referral was processed by the insurance office. If you have questions about your referral, please contact the SHS insurance office at 951-827-3031, option 4.
- 2023 Fall groups are here! Check out our group options here and call to join: 951-827-5531, option 2!
- Call to schedule an Appointment, for consultation or with questions 951-827-5531, option 2- weekdays 8am-5pm.
- Watch a message from your CAPS Team
- Access Support Resources for self-help and support from home.
- Read how to access therapy services out of state and a UCSHIP member.
- Visit COVID-19 for campus updates and information, or Student Health for information or for a telephone screening (951-827-3031).
CAPS HAS MOVED to our NEW SHCC Building!
Come visit us in our new Student Health and Counseling Center! Check-in is on the second floor!
Please call the CAPS front desk at 951-827-5531, option 2 for all scheduling needs (virtual or in-person).
If you need to speak to a 24/7 Crisis Counselor immediately, please call 951-UCR-TALK or 951-827-5531, option 1.
CAPS Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
CAPS is committed to promoting inclusion and the affirmation of individual and cultural diversity. Our services and training programs foster the development of healthy behaviors necessary for success in a complex global environment.
CAPS is committed to collaborating with our campus and community partners to best inhabit our Principles of Community. We remind you of their presence and some resources for involvement:
- African Students Programs
- Asian Pacific Student Programs
- Chicano Student Programs
- Middle Eastern Student Center
- Native American Student Programs
- Office of Foster Youth Support Services
- Student Disability Resource Center
- Undocumented Student Programs
- Veterans Resource Center
- Women’s Resource Center
- Let's Fight Racism! | United Nations
- 5 Ways to Fight Racism and Xenophobia | UNICEF USA
- Stop AAPI | Hate Reporting
- Asian Mental Health Collective
- Asian Mental Health Collective Asian American Therapist Directory
- Trainings on Bystander Intervention; How to Respond to Harassment; Conflict De-Escalation; Resilience; and more!
- Helping AAPI Families Talk to Children and Teens Exposed to Anti-Asian Bullying and Harassment
CAPS Supports Those Impacted by the Wildfires in Maui
Dear UCR Students and Community,
CAPS sends our heartfelt support to all of those affected by the wildfires in Maui. We are here to support you during these devastating times. CAPS can provide a safe and confidential space to discuss any issue and offer support. Please contact us at 951-827-5531 to schedule a same-day or routine appointment. If you are needing support after hours please call our phone number and select “option 1” to be immediately connected to a mental health professional.
If you are an employee please visit our Employee Faculty Staff Assistance Program or call 866-615-3047, for 24/7 access to a Guidance Consultant, who will answer your questions and, if needed, refer you to a counselor or other resources.
If you would like to offer your support or know someone in need of assistance in Maui, see below for a list of relief resources from local vetted agencies that are serving Hawaiian communities:
- Maui Strong: Hawaii Community Foundation: hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/maui-strong
- Maui United Way: mauiunitedway.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/MauiUnitedWay
- Pacific Birth Collective: pacificbirthcollective.org
Online Satisfaction Survey
Please take a few minutes to complete the CAPS Services Satisfaction Survey about your most recent visit. All information will be kept confidential and used solely for quality assurance and improvement. You may also send a non-clinical inquiry to counseling.ucr.edu. We welcome your feedback!